Friday, August 24, 2007

the peace.

On Friday, before the rain, I went to Starbucks and sat.


I was at a windowseat, reading Proust, or pretending to read Proust, and remembering things from the past.


It’s too bad Starbucks must always be facing the side of some cement building, or a Chase bank, or some scaffolding, because sometimes you would like to look out the window while you're reading Proust and see trees or people. But this is Hell's Kitchen.


I'm glad it's been raining. Thankfully, the roommates who love television so much have not been around. I really hate television. I am such a fan of the peace. And when the roommates are around, i do not give up. I try for the peace by closing my door. I come to Starbucks where I do not always find the peace but where at least there are possibilities of peace happening. Then I leave, looking for the peace some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home